Castle Wall 9 inch PDF
Print on fabric for better results than with Castle Wall 9 inch templates.
Sew some seams by hand and some by machine or print templates for EPP.
Print Castle Wall 9-inch shapes on fabric with or without fussy cutting and sew anywhere, any time. Bliss.
Castle Wall (Beyer 295-1) is credited to Eveline Foland, Kansas City Star, October 10, 1931.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + WORKSHEETS 42.5 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This shape collection PDF includes all of the shapes for Castle Wall 9-inch.
There are also 3 bonus shapes for even more design options.
All of these variations make sewing Castle Wall more fun.
The bonus triangle is wonderful for fussy cutting Castle Wall.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- 3 bonus shapes for endless variations
- 7 optional combo layouts to use fabric efficiently and save time
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- instructions for sewing inset seams by machine (crosshair to edge)
- design notes and tips for using Electric Quilt
- ideal for fussy cutting
- wonderful opportunities for using stripes and border fabrics
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- sew inset seams easily thanks to the stitching lines and matching marks
- a choice of methods—hand or machine or both (hybrid) or English Paper Piecing
- notes about pressing
- worksheets showing design options
A Choice of Methods
I sew Castle Wall 9-inch blocks partly by hand and partly by machine, thanks to the precise Inklingo lines printed on the fabric.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for English Paper Piecing if that is the method you prefer.
Inklingo quilters love “combo” layouts!
Love the lines. Quilt more.
Bonus Lessons on the Blog
BONUS LESSONS ON THE BLOG Search Castle for my best tips and design ideas on the blog. For example Inklingo Castle Wall Quilt in Electric Quilt and How to Press Inklingo Castle Wall Blocks and many more.
There are several articles on the All About Inklingo blog about Castle Wall.
- How to Hand Piece Castle Wall
- How to Machine Piece Castle Wall
- How to Machine Piece Castle Wall – 2
- How to Press Castle Wall Part 1
- How to Press Castle Wall Part 2
- Inset seams—Why quilters who hand piece love them!
- Sewing Sequence
- Hybrid piecing – combining hand and machine piecing
- Design Ideas with the Bonus Shapes
– fussy cutting the center
- Setting ideas
– with the free shape collection
– with LeMoyne Star blocks
– using all 3 sizes in one quilt
– Castle Wall in New Zealand
– Fussy Cut Castle Wall with LeMoyne Stars
- Electric Quilt Project Files
- Monkey’s Cheat Sheets and more!
Cathy (verified owner) –
Another fabulous design! I love that Linda has given us the option of a pieced or non pieced octagon center. With her great tutorial, piecing the center octagon in kalidescope style was perfect. And as always, the block went together with perfect precision.
Cathi (verified owner) –
More pure perfection! One of the things i love about Inklingo is that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that all the shapes will fit together. It just makes stitching a pure delight!