Feathered Star Design Book PDF
This is an essential resource whether you follow a traditional pattern or create a new Feathered Star design, with or without Inklingo.
There is no charge for this design book when you buy a Feathered Star shape collection. You might want to get it first. (tab)
Everything you need to know to sew a Feathered Star Design for better results than with acrylic templates or other traditional methods.
PDF DOWNLOAD – DESIGN BOOK 8.9 MB (85 pages)
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
$20 VALUE – only $10 or free when you buy the shapes!
Everything you need to know to design and sew Feathered Star
- notes about how Feathered Star is drafted
- notes about Inklingo sizes
- explanation of the shapes in a Feathered Star
- notes about fabric selection
- fabric checklist
- design notes to inspire you
- minimal printing when you “layer to cut,” detailed instructions
- my favorite hand piecing tips, including “circling the intersection”
- my favorite precision machine piecing tips
- detailed, step-by-step, illustrated assembly instructions, including pressing
- pressing and trimming diagrams
- worksheets with variations using 1, 2, or 3 sizes
- free when you buy a Feathered Star shape collection (You might want to get it first, as described under the tab above)
Inklingo makes the preparation and sewing easier, so you can devote yourself to creating exciting settings and color combinations.
You can use one of the TWO methods of fussy cutting with all the time you save too.
This 85-page PDF is a wonderful resource whether you are following a traditional pattern or creating a new design and whether you enjoy sewing by hand or by machine.
It includes resources for professional pattern designers too!
A Choice of Sizes for your Feathered Star Design (below)
Inklingo quilters love combo layouts!
There are Combo Layouts in each Feathered Star shape collection. Of course, you can print the shapes separately too, as usual.
Print, cut, sew! No templates, no measuring, no weird rulers, and no paper to pick off.
Why I don’t sell acrylic templates for this design.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Feathered Star Quilt Design Book (PDF, 85 pages) when you buy a Feathered Star shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
Anneke (verified owner) –
If you think a Feathered Star is too difficult to make, read this book. It is wonderful, inspirational and has got very clear illustrated instructions for a simple way of piecing a FS. (NO inset seams!) I highly recommend this book.
Elly D (verified owner) –
What a EXCELLENT design book Linda and Monkey have put together! Must have taken hours and hours and it’s all FREE!! I can see other possibilities for this Feathered Star collection… though I have to try it first ;)) THANK YOU SO MUCH LINDA AND MONKEY FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!
Linda (verified owner) –
All of the Inklingo design books are mandatory, but Linda out did herself on this one. I know I’ll spend lots of time drooling and planning with this one. I made a feathered star back in the 80’s and was not thrilled with the results. I know this time I’ll have perfect points.
Cathi (verified owner) –
This book is an absolute must-have!! The level of detail and the fabulous technique tips make it one of the best references one could have on making a Feathered Star. I’m thrilled to add this to my library!