Double Wedding Ring Design Book PDF
This is an essential resource whether you follow a traditional pattern or create a new design, with or without Inklingo.
Free with a DWR or Pickle Dish shape collection. You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
The Double Wedding Ring Design Book includes everything you need to know to design and sew DWR and Pickle Dish quilts.
Get better results with Inklingo than with acrylic templates.
PDF DOWNLOAD – DESIGN BOOK 35.9 MB (66 pages)
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
$20 VALUE – only $10 or free when you buy a Double Wedding Ring or Pickle Dish shape collection. (tab)
There are endless options for the arcs and centers of Double Wedding Ring and even more with the Pickle Dish Add-on shape collection.
Impress everyone with a Double Wedding Ring or Pickle Dish heirloom quilt. Inklingo makes the preparation and sewing easier, so you can devote yourself to creating exciting settings and color combinations.
“I am already several blocks into another quilt since finding you a month or so ago, I am loving it! My daughter is turning 17 soon and since she will be leaving out into the world on her own soon, she and I decided to make a Double Wedding Ring Quilt to travel with her. May take us some time, we will be hand piecing and quilting but we will be doing it together.” — Stacy in Oklahoma
Everything you need to Design and Sew Double Wedding Ring and Pickle Dish
- notes about Double Wedding Ring and Pickle Dish designs
- notes about Inklingo sizes
- explanation of the variations for arcs and centers
- tips for fabric selection
- rotary cutting tips, including Layer to Cut
- strategies for fussy cutting
- design notes to inspire you
- my favorite hand piecing tips, including “continuous stitching”
- my favorite precision machine piecing tips
- illustrated instructions for sewing curves
- detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions
- an innovative pressing guide to use on the ironing board
- pressing instructions which might surprise you, but make your quilt look its best
- notes about finishing with a straight or curved edge, with and without extra corners
- a data sheet to keep you organized
- how to count the shapes
- chart for quilt sizes and the number of pieces required
- an overview of the shapes in each collection
- free when you order a related shape collection (You might want to buy this design book first, as described in the tab above.)
“It was a joy to work on the DWR. You have made it so easy to piece together with Inklingo. It was a pattern that I have wanted to try for a long time but was intimidated by, then you came along and made it all so easy.” Inklingoist Bruce Stripe – See Bruce’s modern take on DWR in the Inklingo IO photo albums and on the blog.
Golden Wedding Ring is also available from Inklingo with 2 shape collections and a design book.
—Lynda Lois in Arizona says: The printed lines on the melons make it a dream to piece. And I can’t get over the accuracy! All of my connecting points are perfect! It was wonderful to have the printed lines on the fabric. You just want to sit and piece all day long because the anxiety is taken away.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Double Wedding Ring Quilt Design Book (PDF, 66 pages) when you buy a Double Wedding Ring or Pickle Dish shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
Jillian (verified owner) –
I am constantly awed at the level of information and detail that Linda Franz offers in her Design Books. Planning fabrics and quilt possibilities can be daunting. Not with Linda’s Design Book! Don’t know how to press a block; answers are in the Design Book. Want to know different possible designs with this block? Consult the Design Book. Be sure to read this great resource!
Cathi (verified owner) –
There are so many handy tips for stitching this beautiful classic book that it’s an absolute must-have for anyone making a DWR quilt.
Lynda Lois (verified owner) –
I am now working on two Double Wedding Ring twin quilt tops. I am hybrid piecing this quilt. I machine pieced the arcs and I am handpiecing the rest of the quilt. I would never have attempted this quilt without Inklingo. The printed lines on the melons make it a dream to piece. And I can’t get over the accuracy! All of my connecting points are perfect! It was wonderful to have the printed lines on the fabric. You just want to sit and piece all day long because the anxiety is taken away. I always machine pieced before, but now I find myself handpiecing because it is so relaxing. Inklingo is wonderful!!! It is so easy to use, and so accurate.
Anneke (verified owner) –
If you plan on (ever) making a DWR or Pickle Dish quilt, check out this book first. It will give you all the information you could possibly want to plan, assemble and finish your quilt. You can read more about Inklingo Design books on my blog http://stofgenoeg.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/free-quilt-design-books/