2 inch Diamonds 60° PDF
Print on fabric and get better results than with 60° diamond and triangle acrylic templates or other traditional methods.
Sew this size by hand or machine.
This 2-inch Diamond shape collection only includes 2 shapes. Many Inklingo diamond shape collections include the other half diamond and quarter diamond (triangles) but in this case, they are in a separate shape collection with 2 and 4-inch 60° Triangles.
You can make Pieced Hexagon designs with this shape collection—and many, many more if you also have the 2-inch 60° Hexagon shape collection and the 2 and 4-inch 60° Triangles. (Video tab)
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 7 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This shape collection PDF includes diamonds with 2 inch sides plus the long half.
The other half and quarter diamonds (triangles) are in an Inklingo triangle shape collection.
60° shapes are used in many designs.
Features of the 2-inch Diamonds 60° Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Diamonds
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial diamonds (triangles) increase your design options dramatically
- optional layouts with a choice of straight grain
- alternate layouts for scissors cutting to save fabric
- choice of regular or combo layouts to use fabric efficiently and save time
- good for fussy cutting
- ideal for Jelly Rolls and scrap quilts
- use with any pattern
- get 6-pointed stars with perfect intersections by “circling the intersection” (Video tab)
- worksheets to help you plan your quilt
Use scissors or cut several layers at a time with a rotary cutter—and have stitching lines on every piece!
4-inch Pieced Hexagons with 2-inch Diamonds
Make all 300 Pieced Hexagon designs with these downloadable shape collections:
- 1-inch Diamonds 60°
- 1-inch Hexagons 60°
- 2-inch Diamonds 60° – This shape collection
- 2-inch and 4-inch Triangles 60°
- 2-inch Hexagons 60°
Use a running stitch instead of English Paper Piecing (EPP). It’s more portable, more fun, more precise, and faster. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for English Paper Piecing if that is the method you prefer.
Use these shapes with any pattern.
REQUESTED BY Inklingoist Tilde Binger
Tilde asked for the diamond and half diamond in 2006 to add even more design options for Inklingo Shape Collection # 1 (sold out).
Tilde wrote the wonderful FREE pattern called Tilde’s Tiny Totes. She is one of the first people I told about Inklingo when I was developing it. She is a wonderful freind [sic]. We are both fans of Jane Austen too.
Charlsey (verified owner) –
I never would have attempted a quilt using the 60 degree diamond without Inklingo. Every star is perfect and stitches together with ease. My quilt was a ribbon winner!
Cathi (verified owner) –
Inklingo is the only way to make perfect stars so effortlessly! This diamond collection just makes 6-point stars, and other blocks, an absolute joy to stitch!
Pat (verified owner) –
Used these diamonds to make Kaffe Fassett’s pattern call St. Mark’s Cathedral. A “piece of cake” with Inklingo and it’s match marks!