Storm At Sea Design Book PDF
This is an essential resource whether you follow a traditional pattern or create a new Storm At Sea design, with or without Inklingo.
There is no charge for this design book when you buy a Storm At Sea shape collection. You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
Everything you need to know to sew a Storm At Sea Design for better results than with acrylic templates or other traditional methods.
PDF DOWNLOAD – DESIGN BOOK 10.9 MB (80 pages)
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
$20 VALUE – only $10 or free when you buy a shape collection!
Inklingo makes the preparation and sewing easier, so you can devote yourself to creating exciting settings and color combinations.
Everything you need to know to Design and Sew Storm At Sea
- tips for fabric selection
- design notes that will inspire you
- overview of the shapes in each collection to help you decide on a size
- cut without measuring and even “layer to cut” so you don’t print every shape
- my favorite hand and machine piecing tips
- step-by-step illustrations in a unique 2-page guide to use at the sewing machine
- pressing diagrams
- worksheets with many variations using 1, 2, or 3 sizes
- free when you order a Storm At Sea shape collection You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
It’s Smooth Sailing with this wonderful resource! This 80-page PDF is a wonderful resource with everything you need to know to navigate the high seas!
Only $10 for 80 pages! Why? I am sure that this downloadable book will convince you that Inklingo is the best way to design and sew a Storm At Sea Quilt—and you’ll be back for more.
It includes resources for professional pattern designers too!
Why quilters love Inklingo Storm At Sea
Smooth Sailing! Quilters have traditionally used homemade or acrylic templates for Storm At Sea because the angle on the diamond is 53.5, not 45 or 60 degrees, and the other measurements are tricky too. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
1. Exciting Designs
The Gallery of Quilts and the worksheets in the design book will inspire you! Follow a traditional pattern or get creative and combine two or three sizes.
2. Simple to Decide How Much Fabric
Diagrams for each Inklingo shape make it simple to decide how much fabric you need, whether you are using scraps or yardage.
3. Easy to Cut
No measuring. No templates! Use scissors or a rotary cutter. No expensive cutting machines are required—and there are perfect stitching lines and matching marks printed on every piece!
4. Precision Corners
Sew quickly and accurately (machine or hand) thanks to the precision corners and helpful matches.
5. FIVE Sizes!
The sizes were chosen to work together, so you can make stunning designs with two or three sizes.
Traditional Storm At Sea blocks have diamonds on two sides, not four.
There are also Double Diamond variations. See pages 14 and 15 of the design book.
The same shapes are used for 54-40 (Beyer 133-3) and many other designs. You can also use these shapes with Inklingo Drunkard’s Path units and other Inklingo shapes.
You will find yourself using these shapes over and over again in other designs too. The diamonds, triangles, and squares are the most versatile of all.
Storm At Sea is one of the most versatile shape collections. The Storm At Sea Design Book is an extra bonus.
The video for Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice Mystery in 2013 shows how easy it is to add the triangles to a 53.5-degree diamond.
Get the Design Book First?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Storm At Sea Quilt Design Book (PDF, 80 pages) when you buy a Storm At Sea shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.