Silent Garden 2 inch Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric to sew Willyne’s Silent Garden for better results than with traditional diamond quilt templates. Large size.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Silent Garden 2-inch is one of the impressive quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 32.4 MB + HEXAGON QUILT DESIGN BOOK
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
The shapes in this collection are for a larger size. The same shapes are available in the original size. Inklingo shape collections for Millefiori Quilts are listed in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the Silent Garden 2-inch Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Silent Garden 2 inch
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- two combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand or by machine
- another intriguing design from Willyne Hammerstein
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book ($20 value)
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons but the sewing and pressing instructions also apply to these shapes. There is an added layer of complexity to Silent Garden because the stars interlock and overlap each other.
Detailed diagrams for the stars and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s third book, Millefiori Quilts 3.
Even with fussy cutting, you can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design easier to sew.
I also featured Silent Garden in the 7th Live Video on Facebook.
Cathi (verified owner) –
These are positively addictive to sew! It’s such a perfect way to set kaleidoscope stars made with the Inklingo no-waste fussy cutting/printing! This setting really gives the stars room to breathe and be shown to the best possible effect!