Star Point 1.0/2 inch
Print Star Point 1.0/2 inch on fabric instead of using kite templates. Use with 60° diamonds, hexagons and triangles for many intriguing designs.
This Star Point 1.0/2 inch is for quilters who have other diamond and hexagon shape collections. Print on fabric and sew by hand with a running stitch or by machine or with English Paper Piecing.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPES + WORKSHEETS 15 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
You can use this shape with several other 60° shape collections for a variety of lovely designs. However, there are no designs which use this shape on its own.
This shape is sometimes called a Jewel or Kite.
6 x 6.92 inches
Make Texas Star (Beyer 415-8) with Star Point 1.0/2 inch and two other shape collections. (60° Hexagon 1 inch & 60° Diamond 2 inch and parts)
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of layouts for different straight grain
- worksheets on the blog to help you plan your design
- shapes fit on small scraps
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- choice of methods—hand or machine or both (hybrid)
This kite shape was requested by quilters who want to make the Texas Star variation designed by Cathi at Quilt Obsession.
For Cathi’s design you also need shape collections with 60° Hexagon 1 inch (and parts) and 60° Hexagon 2 inch (and parts).
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 1 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 1 inch & 60° Hexagon 2 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 15 inch & 60° Diamond 2 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Diamond 1 inch
Star Point with 60° Diamond 1 inch and 60° Diamond 3 inch (triangle parts)
There are more ideas on the blog.