Star Point 0.5/1 inch PDF
Print Star Point 0.5/1.0 inch on fabric instead of using kite templates. Use with 60° diamonds, hexagons, and triangles for many intriguing miniature designs.
This Star Point 0.5/1 inch shape is for quilters who love miniatures and have other miniature 60° shapes. Print on fabric and sew by hand with a running stitch or by machine or with English Paper Piecing.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + WORKSHEETS 24.9 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
You can use this shape with several other 60° shape collections for a variety of lovely designs. However, there are no designs that use this shape on its own.
This shape is sometimes called a Jewel or Kite.
3 x 3.46 inches
Make Texas Star (Beyer 415-8) with Star Point 0.5/1 inch and two other shape collections. (60° Hexagon 0.5 inch & 60° Diamond 1 inch and parts)
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of layouts for different straight grain
- worksheets on the blog to help you plan your design
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- normally we can sew by hand or by machine with Inklingo but these shapes are too small to be practical for machine sewing
This kite shape was requested by quilters who want to make a Texas Star variation like the one designed by Cathi at Quilt Obsession in a smaller size.
For Cathi’s design, you also need shape collections with 60° Hexagon 0.5 inch (and parts) and 60° Hexagon 1 inch (and parts).
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 0.5-inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 0.5-inch & 60° Hexagon 1-inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 0.5-inch & 60° Diamond 1-inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Diamond 0.5-inch and 60° Diamond 1.5-inch (triangle parts)
There are more ideas on the blog.
Cathi (verified owner) –
These are altogether too much fun – and with some fussy cutting/printing, you can get wonderful special effects.