0.5 inch Hexagons 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch (recommended) or English Paper Piecing (EPP).
Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
These small 0.5-inch Hexagons are fun in traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG). When you sew by hand with a running stitch, each seam is just one or two loads of the needle.
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 0.5-inch sides (1 inch across from point to point). I also include both halves, quarters, and thirds to add many more design options.
There are also two bonus shapes, just for good measure.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 0.5-inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for fussy cutting and scrap quilts
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
Bonus pattern for place mat with instructions and quilting design to print on the center panel.
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore!
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch. There are TWO methods of fussy cutting.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
For Monkey's Fans
Monkey has been a hand piecing snob ever since our Dear Jane and Quilted Diamonds days and he loves this size.