Patchwork of the Crosses (Lucy Boston)
Everything you need to know to make your own Patchwork of the Crosses POTC quilt. Wonderful photography & centerfold. Autographed.
32 pages, softcover
This Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses book is all you need to make a replica of Lucy Boston`s most famous quilt which is often called POTC.
Postage is exactly what I pay without a handling fee. I can often fit two or three different books in one flat-rate Priority envelope to make maximum use of postage. Mailed from Niagara Falls NY.
You will probably also want 1-inch Hexagons 90° so you can print the shapes on fabric instead of tracing from the book.
“Tried to do Patchwork of the Crosses the traditional way but as I have arthritis in my fingers I found sewing with the templates too hard. Looked on your website, purchased Inklingo and a new printer and am enjoying sewing by hand again. I just love the ease of use and have told all my friends to give it a try.” Carolyn in NSW Australia
The magic of Lucy Boston’s design is in the creative use of fabric, especially “fussy cutting.” A few shapes in each block are fussy cut and you can fussy cut with Inklingo (video).
I prepared the pattern with the gracious assistance of Diana Boston and obtained to illustrate it with amazing photographs by Julia Hedgecoe.
Features of Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses
- an introduction to Lucy Boston
- close-up photos of many of the blocks
- a centerfold picture of the whole quilt
- fabric notes
- instructions for English Paper Piecing, hand piecing, machine piecing, and hybrid piecing (a combination of hand and machine)
- notes about fussy cutting with Inklingo
- design notes that will inspire you
- fabric requirements
- notes about pressing and finishing
- shapes to trace for templates
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
I sign every book before I mail it. If you would like the autograph personalized, please make a note when you place your order.