0.25 inch Hexagons 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch (recommended) or English Paper Piecing.
These itty bitty 0.25 inch Hexagons are adorable in traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG). When you sew by hand with a running stitch, each seam is just two (or three) stitches.
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 0.25 inch sides (0.5 inches across from point to point) plus both halves and quarters. Thirds are not included because the shapes are so tiny.
Think it over, okay? Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
This flower is about 1.25 inches in each direction. (Tiny!)
This shape collection is the result of a challenge from a dear friend, and was requested by other Inklingoists too. (What are you thinking?!) These shapes are itsy bitsy.
Features of the 0.25 inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about itsy bitsy Inklingo Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- seam allowances are narrower than 0.25 inch because the shapes are so small—perfect!
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for fussy cutting and scrap quilts
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore!
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Monkey says, Think it over.
These are really, really small.
Get the Design Book First?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.