Lucky Stars Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric to sew 8-pointed LeMoyne Stars & Lucky Stars (Millefiori Quilts 3) for better results than with traditional star templates.
Print on fabric to sew Willyne Hammerstein’s Lucky Stars Quilt and LeMoyne Stars for better results than with traditional star templates or methods. Hand or machine.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 33 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
LARGER SIZE The original Lucky Stars Quilt uses 8-pointed LeMoyne Stars that finish about 4.7 inches but Inklingo quilters requested a larger size—and I listened. I am always interested in your requests.
These shapes are the perfect size for 8-inch LeMoyne Star blocks. The sides of the 45º Diamond are 2.34 inches (finished size).
I also included two more shapes for the Lucky Stars quilt in Millefiori Quilts 3 by Willyne Hammerstein.
Bonus Shapes make this collection even more versatile.
The original Lucky Stars quilt uses smaller stars, approximately 4.7 inches. The center of the original quilt (no borders) is approximately 37 x 51 inches. With this shape collection, it is approximately 64 x 88 inches.
To see all the sizes of diamonds, triangles, squares, and pentagons, please see the Index of Shapes.
There are also shape collections for 3-inch, 4.5-inch (free), 6-inch, and 9-inch LeMoyne Stars.
Most quilters machine or hand piece this pretty design but you can use EPP if you prefer.
Features of the Lucky Stars Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Lucky Stars
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on small scraps
- choice of methods—machine piecing, hand piecing with running stitch, or English Paper Piecing
- notes about design variations
- another of Willyne’s unusual, pretty designs
How to sew LeMoyne Stars with Inklingo.
There are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP too.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
There are no reviews yet.