3 inch Hexagons 60° PDF
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch, by machine, or by English Paper Piecing (EPP).
Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
These 3-inch Hexagons are bigger than you often see in a traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG).
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 3-inch sides (6 inches across from point to point). I also include both halves, quarters, and thirds, which are wonderful for 300 Pieced Hexagons.
This flower is a little more than 15 inches in each direction.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
These hexagons are BIG.
Features of the 3-inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- sew by hand or by machine
- bonus appliqué or embroidery designs
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- well suited to fabric with large motifs for fussy cutting
- make more variations by adding the Rose Star 18-inch Kite
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
Appliqué with 3 inch Hexagons
The hexagons are provided with two bonus designs for embroidery or appliqué. See the free pattern for Emma’s Butterfly Stars by Cathi Godwin.
This is a size you can sew by machine and it is perfect for fabrics with large designs.
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore! It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch. There are TWO methods of fussy cutting too.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
You may also like…
Hexagon Quilt Design Book PDFMore infoAdd to cart
300 Pieced Hexagons PDFUS$20.00 More infoAdd to cart
1.5 inch Hexagons 60° PDFUS$25.00 More infoAdd to cart
1.5 inch Diamonds 60° PDFUS$25.00 More infoAdd to cart
Rose Star 18 inch PDFUS$15.00 More infoAdd to cart
3 inch Diamonds 60° PDFUS$25.00 More infoAdd to cart
Emma’s Butterfly Stars PDFFree! More infoAdd to cart