Ietsie Pietsie Pizzicato 1.375 inch Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric to sew stars for better results than with traditional diamond and hexagon quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Ietsie Pietsie Pizzicato 1.375-inch is one of the fascinating quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 (the third book) by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 29 MB + HEXAGON QUILT DESIGN BOOK
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
The shapes are the same size as the original. Red arrows all indicate 1.375 inches. (1 3/8)
Willyne Hammerstein creates fabulous designs!
Many quilters hand piece this design, but you can combine machine and hand piecing in a hybrid, the way we do for other hexagon designs. There are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
Features of the Ietsie Pietsie Pizzicato 1.375-inch Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Ietsie Pietsie Pizzicato 1.375-inch
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- one combo layout to save fabric and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand OR machine piecing
- another of Willyne’s fascinating designs
- complimentary 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons but the sewing and pressing instructions also apply to these shapes.
Detailed diagrams and instructions for assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s third book, Millefiori Quilts 3.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Consider machine piecing some of the shapes to get a fast start and then sew by hand with some relaxing continuous stitching.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the first book, Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this quilt from the third book more fun to sew.
Ietsie Pietsie Itsy Bitsy
My pronunciation may be suspect but the shapes to print on fabric are absolutely perfect. You will love the results when you start with precise shapes!
Ietsie Pietsie is a bit like Itsy Bitsy.
Pizzicato is a playing technique that involves plucking the strings of a string instrument, like a violin or guitar.
There are no reviews yet.