HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES - 12 SIZES
TRI HST 00B
PERFECT FOR BONNIE HUNTER'S EASY STREET MYSTERY
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 22 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
Half Square Triangles (HST) have straight grain on the two short sides. Quarter Square Triangles (QST) have straight grain on the long side.
This Inklingo PDF has 12 sizes of HST. Several other sizes are available. It was designed to work perfectly with Squares 00B to make Square in a Square blocks too.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- overview of traditional, pre-Inklingo HST methods
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of layouts to use fabric efficiently
(see Triangle Tips PDF, page 7)
- makes common sizes of Flying Geese, Sawtooth, Pinwheel, etc.
- see the Flying Geese video on YouTube
- great for Stitch & Cut method with minimal printing
- all the benefits of sewing with triangle paper, but no paper to pick off
- use the precision corners and matching marks to get great results
- good for fussy cutting
- ideal for Jelly Rolls and scrap quilts
- use with any pattern
- sizes were on the Inklingo # 2 CD (sold out), but without the two optional layouts for each size, suggested custom page sizes, and improved bookmark navigation
See Triangle Tips, page 3
Love the lines. Quilt more!
About the sizes
All Inklingo shapes are named with the finished size (minus the seam allowances).
Most patterns list the finished size of the shapes. If the finished size is not listed, you can usually tell the size by looking at adjoining squares and other shapes without doing the math.
This is the shape collection you need if a pattern requires you to cut triangles from squares which are cut from strips which are 1.375 to 3.875 inches. Designers add 7/8 to get the width of the strip, so in some patterns:
- 0.5 inch HST are cut from 1.375 inch squares
- 2.0 inch HST are cut from 2.875 inch squares
- 3.0 inch HST are cut from 3.875 inch squares
7/8 = 0.875
There is an article about this on the All About Inklingo blog.
MAIN TRIANGLE PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo triangles + VIDEO