The US Post Office has announced a huge postage increase starting January 27.
Monkey swooned when I told him.
Thank goodness most Inklingo books are downloadable!
The increase will affect all of the “books on paper” from Inklingo, which we send in flat rate Priority envelopes.
- Priority Mail USA is now $5.15.
It will go up 9% to $5.60.
- Global Priority to Canada is now $12.95.
It will go up almost 55 % to $19.95.
- Global Priority to everywhere else is now $16.95.
It will go up 40% to $23.95.
In the past, the weight of the books has made the flat rate envelopes the most economical choice.
With these dramatic, shocking increase, I will try to find a more economical option. There is never a “handling” fee. You pay what I pay.
We will take examples to the Post Office for exact info and will let you know.
BEAT THE INCREASE IF YOU CAN!
- If you intend to order any of these books this year, you can save by ordering ahead of the increase. Our last trip before the prices go up will be Thursday 24 January 2013.
- If you order two or more books, they can often be mailed together in one envelope.
- Some quilters get together on an order and share the postage. That works well if you can deliver to each other in person.
A COOL DEAL TO SOFTEN THE BLOW
I will include 2 sheets of heavy freezer paper (18 x 18 inches) with every order that fits in a flat rate Priority envelope, if you order before January 24.
If Monkey hadn’t fainted, he would say that is a cool deal. (Freezer paper, cool. Get it? He loves puns.)
Let me know if you have questions!
DO YOU PRINT ON FABRIC WITH YOUR INKJET PRINTER?
The first chapter of The Inklingo Handbook includes everything you need to know about printing on fabric.
Those instructions are so important that I included them in the FREE shape collection for Diamond Triangles Squares, but you are going to want the whole handbook (5 chapters, 128 pages, machine piecing, hand piecing, appliqué and more), so it would be wise to order before the postage goes up. You still get the $10 coupon with it too (below).
Please subscribe to the blog (right sidebar), so you don’t miss anything important.
I’m going to revive Monkey now.
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Quick Start (Always FREE.) There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 6 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook