Dresden Plate Basic Pieced PDF
Print on fabric with Dresden Plate Basic Pieced for better results than with templates or paper piecing.
The Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book is free with this shape collection.
Dresden Plate Basic Pieced includes backgrounds and blades which can be combined in many ways to make distinctive variations of Dresden Plate, Wheel, and Fan Designs, so the plate can be pieced to the background (instead of appliqué). 9-inch blocks
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 23.3 MB + DRESDEN PLATE QUILT DESIGN BOOK
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This shape collection PDF includes 6 different blades, 2 circles, triangles, and a background.
This shape collection is amazing. It is only “basic” when compared to the “fancy” version of Famer’s Fancy and its variations.
Features of the Dresden Plate Basic Pieced Shape Collection (PDF)
- 6 different blades to print on fabric, including a curved blade
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Dresden Plate Basic Pieced
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of 12, 16, or 24 blades per plate
- choice of 2 sizes of the circle for the center (1.5 and 2.5 inches), plus half and quarter circles for fans
- skip the tracing, skip the lightbox, skip the markers!
- get great results by hand or by machine with matching marks printed on the fabric
- shop your stash for scraps or use the diagrams to buy what you need
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- use Jelly Rolls for some of the blades
- mix two or more blades in each plate for unique designs
- follow the step-by-step assembly instructions for results that will make you proud
- complimentary Dresden Plate Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and make your quilt (74 pages) You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
Choice of Methods – Hand or Machine Piecing
I designed this Dresden Plate Basic shape collection for quilters who prefer to piece as much as possible, so the only appliqué is the circle in the middle (choice of sizes). It includes a stunning variety of blades, including a curved blade.
You can even mix two or three blade shapes in each plate.
Since the plates are pieced into curved background pieces, the plate is centered perfectly every time.
All of the methods are illustrated in the design book (74 pages). There is no charge for it with this shape collection.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
You will be happy with the results you get with sewing lines and matching marks printed on the fabric.
You can have it all.
If you order the Appliqué collection and the Fancy Pieced collection, you will have it all! (The Fancy Pieced Collection includes everything in the Basic Pieced collection.)
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book (PDF, 74 pages) when you buy a Dresden Plate or Grand Desert shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and help them decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
There are no reviews yet.