Leaf Sashing 3.18 inch PDF
Print on fabric with Leaf Sashing 3.18-inch to turn quilt blocks into flowers like Carolina Lily and others.
Ideal for quilters who enjoy piecing or applique, hand or machine, and unique settings. Instructions and video with many examples.
The Leaf Sashing 3.18-inch shape collection is a beautiful option for setting square blocks as flowers and creating unique settings with leaves and cornerstones.
This 3.18-inch size is designed to work with the shapes in the free Diamond Triangle Square shape collection, as described below.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + INSTRUCTIONS 23.6 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
Why Quilters Love Inklingo Leaf Sashing
- Some quilters want to cut with scissors.
- Quilters love the accuracy of perfectly printed shapes without measuring.
- Quilters love having matching marks and stitching lines on every piece, so they can hand piece when they are on the go, and machine piece when they need speed.
- Quilters love the way Inklingo helps them use scraps.
- Quilters love the way Inklingo helps them estimate how much yardage to buy.
Leaf Sashing 3.18 inch does not include the 1.32 inch Square and 1.86 QST (which are required for many designs) because they are available in the FREE Diamond/Triangle/Square Shape Collection, so you should have them already.
Why 3.18-inch Leaf Sashing?
This size is perfect for turning the 3.18-inch flower (above, made with the free shape collection) into a useful 4.5-inch block. It is specially designed to make Carolina Lily-style blocks like this.
The setting (above) also requires the setting triangles in the On-Point 4.5-inch shape collection to finish the edges.
Perfect points, every time!
The points are guaranteed to be sharper than anyone can get with appliqué because the fabric is pressed away from the point, not bunched up underneath.
Traditionally, quilters have presented pieced blocks as flowers by adding appliqué leaves. This is a creative new option
I made sure there were no inset seams and that the curves are easy to sew by machine or by hand. There is more about this in an article about Leaf Sashing on the blog.
Features of the Leaf Sashing 3.18-inch Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Leaf Sashing 3.18 inch
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of regular or combo layouts to use fabric efficiently and save time
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- gentle curves are easy to sew with the stitching lines and matching marks printed on the fabric
- perfect for “Carolina Lily” style blocks in combination with the Diamonds, Triangles, and Squares in the free shape collection
- back-basting option for those who love appliqué
- instructions for sewing and pressing
- ideal for scraps and charm quilts
- fussy cut for impressive effects
- worksheets to plan your quilt
- use the method you enjoy—machine or hand or both (hybrid) – I sew these seams by machine unless I need a portable project.
I knew I was onto a good thing with Leaf Sashing because:
- The flower designs are fabulous.
- It works with standard-size blocks.
- It is designed to be easy to sew without inset seams.
- It can be appliquéed or pieced.
- It is portable by hand—or fast by machine.
Peggy in Naples Florida made this pretty flower with the diamonds and triangles in the free Inklingo shape collection and Leaf Sashing 3.18 inch.
With Inklingo we can piece the leaves—no appliqué, perfect points, perfect positioning.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Video Leaf Sashing Setting Ideas
Beth (verified owner) –
I really like the fact that this size fits with the Carolina Lily blocks made with the diamonds from the free collection. It makes for a very pretty block when you are finished.
Anneke in Rotterdam (verified owner) –
You have thought of everything, as usual. I am always impressed with your collections and all the practical information you provide in each one.
And then the way these sashing collections:
– work with standard size blocks,
– are designed to piece without inset seams,
– or do appliqu√©,
– both by hand or machine!
Whatever suits us best. You just can‚Äôt get it anywhere else than at Inklingo!