Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced
Print on fabric with Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced for better results than with templates or paper piecing.
The Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book is free with this shape collection.
The Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced includes backgrounds and blades which can be combined in many ways. You can make distinctive variations of Dresden Plate, Wheel, and Fan Designs including Farmer’s Fancy.
9, 12 or 15 inch blocks
The Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced shape collection (PDF) includes all of the shapes in the Basic shape collection PLUS . . .
. . . the 12 and 15 inch backgrounds and triangles for the extra rings around the plates.
Add one or two rings of “Farmer’s Fancy” triangles to any 9 inch plate for 12 or 15 inch blocks.
You might not have heard of Farmer’s Delight or Farmer’s Fancy before. It is spectacular but it has never been a common block because it is difficult to cut and sew—until Inklingo.
The 12 inch block has one ring of triangles and the 15 inch block has two rings of triangles (top).
Features of the Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced Shape Collection (PDF)
- 6 different blades to print on fabric, including a curved blade and two-piece blades
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of 12, 16, or 24 blades per plate
- choice of 2 sizes of circle for the center (1.5 and 2.5 inch), plus half and quarter circles for fans
- skip the tracing, skip the light box, skip the markers!
- get great results by hand or by machine with matching marks printed on the fabric
- shop your stash for scraps or use the diagrams to buy what you need
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- use Jelly Rolls for some of the blades
- mix two or more blades in each plate for unique designs
- follow the step-by-step assembly instructions for results that will make you proud
- complimentary Dresden Plate Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and make your quilt (74 pages) You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
Choice of Methods – Hand or Machine Piecing
I designed this shape collection for quilters who prefer to piece as much as possible, so the only appliqué is the circle in the middle (choice of sizes). I included a stunning variety of blades too—even a curved blade.
You can even mix two or three blade shapes in each plate.
You can piece the plates to curved background shapes and know that you can center the plate perfectly every time.
All of the methods are illustrated in the design book (74 pages). There is no charge for it with this shape collection.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
You will be happy with the results you get with sewing lines and matching marks printed on the fabric.
You can have it all.
If you order the Appliqué collection and the Fancy Pieced collection, you will have it all! (The Fancy Pieced collections includes everything in the Basic Pieced collection.)
“I am amazed at what all Linda has included in the Dresden Plate Fancy collection. You think when you are ordering a collection that you are just getting some templates that your printer will print onto fabric. But you get so much more; so much that you are totally in awe at what all she has thought to include to help you in your choices. I was surprised before with other collections but I am still surprised to find what she has included.” – Nancy in Indiana
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book (PDF, 74 pages) when you buy a Dresden Plate or Grand Desert shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and help them decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.