Cleopatra’s Fan 12 inch
Print on fabric for better results than with Cleopatra’s Fan acrylic templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid). Wonderful for fussy cutting!
Cleopatra’s Fan 12 inch is an old design by Laura Wheeler published in the Cincinnati Enquirer in 1934. (Beyer 363-11)
The curves in this design are very gentle and Inklingo’s precise stitching lines and matching marks make the curves easy to sew, either by machine or by hand.
This shape collection includes all of the shapes for Cleopatra’s Fan 12 inch blocks, plus a bonus shape for fussy cutting. .
Most quilters would machine piece this size. There are shape collections with smaller sizes for hand piecing.
Features of the Cleopatra’s Fan 12 inch Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Cleopatra’s Fan 12 inch
- You might want to get the Cleopatra’s Fan Design Book first. There are 3 ways to get the Cleopatra’s Fan Design Book free (tab)
- Cleopatra’s Fan Top 10 (tab)
The optional Combo layouts allow you to save fabric and save time. Inklingo quilters love Combos!
Don’t miss the tab (above) for my Cleopatra’s Fan Top 10, okay? It includes lots of images and explanation.
Summary of Cleopatra’s Fan Top 10
- Free Cleopatra’s Fan Design Book (138 pages, PDF) which includes worksheets and everything you need to know to design, sew and press your quilt
- A choice of sizes that fit together
- Combine hand and machine sewing (the best of both worlds)
- Accurate fabric requirements
- Free EQ project file
- A line to sew along!
- A line to cut on with scissors OR a rotary cutter
- Classic design with options for fussy cutting
- Como Layouts (Love, Love!)
- Perfect straight grain, precision corners and matching marks
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Cleopatra’s Fan Quilt Design Book (PDF, 138 pages) when you buy a Cleopatra’s Fan shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
Cleopatra's Fan Top 10
I have collected the Top 10 Reasons Quilters Love Inklingo for Cleopatra’s Fan on a separate page.