60° HEXAGON - 2.5 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 36.4 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF has hexagons with 2.5 inch sides (5 inch across from point to point) plus both halves, quarters, and thirds. Several other sizes are available.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
I will be adding more petal design ideas for these heagons to the blog, so please be sure to subscribe.
- petal shapes with gentle curves which are easy to piece by hand or machine
- petal shapes have precision corners
- combo layout for petal designs
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- can be used with any pattern which uses this size
- great for featuring fabric with large motifs
- complimentary 70-page design book with worksheets and everything you need to design and sew a hexagon quilt
The petal shapes have gentle curves which are easy to piece in this size (hand or machine) and they add many wonderful design possibilities.
I usually sew these seams by machine but you can sew by hand if you need it to be portable.
See some of my hexagon designs with petals.
The Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) is free with this shape collection. (Details)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me. The beautiful book and DVD are available again.
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE
UPGRADE YOUR HEXAGONS - 6 WAYS