San Kamon Appliqué PDF
Print three San Kamon Appliqué designs on fabric in any size. Eliminate tracing and manual marking and get perfect positioning.
Appliqué by hand or by machine.
Scarlett Rose has allowed me to make San Kamon Appliqué designs available in Inklingo format in order to eliminate the need to trace the pattern for San Kamon, and to allow you to choose your own size.
As Scarlett Rose says: For those of us who are using computers and the Internet, Inklingo is perfect. I really like having the wonderful choices it offers me in printing out the San Kamon knots. I’ve converted some quilters, helping them to discover the possibilities for applique and now for embroidery. I try to enlighten the students to new options.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS 14 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes to print on fabric.
You will be happy with the results you get with sewing lines printed on the fabric!
There are also back-basting layouts that give perfect positioning with scraps—without printing the shapes or using templates.
Print any size as described in the Applique Printing Instructions.
Scarlett Rose’s San Kamon pattern includes
- fabric requirements for a 17 x 37 inch wall hanging
- notes for using fusible bias tape
- notes for making bias tape for hand appliqué
- notes for embroidery
- the pattern does not include appliqué instructions but there are illustrations for assembling the quilt top
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- all of the shapes to print on fabric for back-basting
- hearts with seam allowances to print on fabric in several sizes
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- fabric notes
- ideas for designing quilts
- more than a dozen worksheets
- skip the tracing, skip the lightbox, skip the markers!
- get great results by hand or by machine with lines printed on the fabric
- shop your stash for scraps
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- back-basting layouts have generous seam allowances just in case the appliqué shrinks the background
- Applique Printing Instructions with everything you need to print the size you want. This additional free Inklingo PDF teaches how to use the print dialog box to print Circle of Hearts in the sizes you want.
Please tell your favorite designers and their publishers and magazine editors that you want their designs to be inklingoable!
Choice of Methods
- use Inklingo to print the patches and/or the back-basting outlines on the fabric (no tracing!), or
- use traditional appliqué techniques with templates printed on freezer paper