Last Flowers After a Hot Summer Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric for better results than with traditional quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Last Flowers After a Hot Summer is one of the amazing quilts in Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 28 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
Original size. The same shapes are available in a larger size. Inklingo shape collections for Millefiori Quilts are listed in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the Last Flowers Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Last Flowers
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- 3 combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- another sparkling design from Willyne Hammerstein
Detailed diagrams for the rosettes and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s fourth book, Millefiori Quilts 4.
This design is ideal for Inklingo “hybrid piecing,” sewing some seams by machine and some seams by hand.
There are great opportunities for continuous stitching and “circling the intersection.” (Video)
Even with fussy cutting, you can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design easier to sew.
Cathi (verified owner) –
Sewing this is a dream with inklingo. The mark at the point of one of the shapes to help with placement is one of the value added extras Inklingo spoils us all with!!