4.5 inch Key West Beauty PDF
Print on fabric for better results than with traditional Key West quilt templates, paper piecing or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid). Very versatile shapes.
4.5-inch Key West Beauty is an old design from the 1930s. (Beyer 82-6 and 82-7) and printing with Inklingo makes it easier and more fun.
This design is also called Key West, Key West Star, and Dakota Star. It has been credited to Nancy Cabot (1934, 1936), Ladies Art Company (1922), and Gutcheon (1973).
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + WORKSHEETS 50 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This shape collection includes all of the shapes for 4.5-inch Key West Beauty blocks plus a bonus kite shape for exciting variations.
These shapes are smaller than the ones used for the 2016 Inklingo Mystery, The Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville (COTSIM). All of the clues are available on the blog and take you all the way from choosing the fabrics to printing, cutting, and sewing. It is a great project and all of the clues are free. You can follow the step-by-step instructions for perfect results with these smaller shapes too! Clue # 1
With Inklingo, you can sew these shapes by hand or by machine, or with a combination of both (hybrid) to get the best of both worlds.
Features of the 4.5-inch Key West Beauty Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric for the traditional block
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about 4.5-inch Key West Beauty
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of regular or 5 combo layouts so you can save time and fabric
- bonus kite shape to multiply the design options
- shapes fit on small scraps so you can use your stash
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- 2 unique one-page guides, one for sewing sequence for machine piecing and one for hand piecing
- wonderful opportunities for using stripes and border fabrics
- worksheets so you can plan your design
- use the method you enjoy—hand or machine or both (hybrid)—for the best of both worlds
These shapes work perfectly with Inklingo LeMoyne Star, Castle Wall, and other 8-pointed star designs.
See the articles about Key West Beauty and the COTSIM mystery on the blog for my best tips and design ideas.
5 Combo Layouts for 4.5 Inch Key West Beauty
Combo layouts allow you to print all of the shapes for one fabric at once. Inklingo quilters love them, so Monkey insisted on 5 combos this time in addition to the regular layouts.
There are TWO methods of fussy cutting 4.5-inch Key West Beauty with Inklingo.
Faster preparation, no measuring, no templates, perfect straight rain, efficient use of fabric, and exciting designs.