1.5 inch Petal Add-On for Hexagons 60° PDF
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand or by machine. Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
This 1.5-inch Petal Add-On shape collection can be used to enhance a Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG) with 1.5-inch Hexagons. This size is wonderful for hand or machine piecing.
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore! On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you love.
This is an “add-on” shape collection. It only includes the shapes for petal hexagons. It is for quilters who already have the 60° Hexagon 1.5-inch shape collection, and just need the two additional shapes to add Petals. The add-on was requested by Inklingo quilters when I introduced the 60° Hexagon 2.5-inch shape collection recently.
ORDER BOTH AND SAVE If you don’t have the 1.5-inch Hexagons shape collection yet and you order it at the same time as you order this add-on, I will manually refund $5, as soon as I see your order. (Monkey thinks I’m crazy.)
Features of the 1.5-inch Petal Add-On Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Hexagons
- petal shapes with gentle curves which are easy to piece by hand or machine
- petal shapes have precision corners
- combo layout for petal designs
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- can be used with any pattern which uses this size
- great for featuring fabric with large motifs
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
The optional combo layout saves fabric and saves time.
I will be adding more petal design ideas for these hexagons to the blog, so please be sure to subscribe.
This is a size you can sew by machine.
This design also uses the 60° Diamond 1.5 inch shape collection. The petal shapes have gentle curves which are easy to piece in this size (hand or machine) and they add many wonderful design possibilities.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
The petal shapes have gentle curves which are easy to piece in this size (hand or machine) and they add many wonderful design possibilities.
I usually sew these seams by machine but you can sew by hand if you need it to be portable.
See some of my hexagon designs with petals.
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.