0.625 inch Hexagons 60° PDF
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch (recommended) or English Paper Piecing.
0.625 = 5/8
(Larger than 1/2 inch, smaller than 3/4 inch)
These small 0.625-inch Hexagons 60° are as sweet as can be in a traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG). When you sew by hand with a running stitch, each seam is just one load of the needle.
Print, cut, sew! No templates, no measuring, and no weird rulers! Use a rotary cutter or scissors and start sewing.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 19.6 MB + HEXAGON QUILT DESIGN BOOK
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 0.625-inch sides (1.25 inches across from point to point). There are many ways to use halves, quarters, and thirds in your designs.
The flower is less than 3.25 inches in each direction.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 0.625-inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More for 0.625-inch Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for fussy cutting and scrap quilts
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
For Monkey's Fans
Monkey’s slide show.
Beth (verified owner) –
I wasn’t sure I would like hexagons this small but now that I have them I really like the size of them. It took longer to pick my fabrics than it did to print them. I was stitching in no time.
Cathi (verified owner) –
These are a fabulous size – just pure fun to play with! If it weren’t for Inklingo, I wouldn’t even dream of doing anything with hexagons. I love being able to stitch them together with a simple running stitch!