WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN’S LE GRAND DÉSERT - 125% OF ORIGINAL SIZE
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 37.9 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Le Grand Désert by Willyne Hammerstein.
Le Grand Désert is one of the intriguing quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania. Quilters asked for the design to be made Inklingo-able, so they would have the option to sew by hand or by machine.
The shapes are the larger than the templates in the book. The center of the quilt (before borders) is approx 48 x 70 instead of 38 x 56 inches. There are also 3 other sizes.
The blades are easy to sew by machine. Most quilters would sew the circles by hand.
I also included three "bonus" shapes, which you might find useful to replace some of the small setting shapes.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- 3 bonus shapes
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- three combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- optional scissors layout to save fabric
- optional layouts for directional fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—machine, running stitch or English Paper Piecing
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 72-page Dresden Plate Design Book
This Inklingo shape collection does not include instructions. Sewing the large blades and circles is very similar to sewing Dresden Plate, so when you order this shape collection, you also receive the Dresden Plate Design Book ($20 value, PDF download).
Detailed diagrams for assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s Millefiori Quilts 3 book.
A CHOICE OF SIZES
The shapes are larger than the original made by Willyne. The same shapes are also available at 75%, 100% and 150% of the original size on the Main Millefiori Page.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
HAND PIECING LESSON
If you are learning how to hand piece, Quilted Diamonds 2 is the book I recommend because it includes the two-hour DVD lesson for the price of a book alone. It is a great value.
The DVD is like taking a private lesson with me. Discover the advantages of sewing with a running stitch!
Willyne teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch or by machine.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you love.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE