Flower Power 1 inch Add-on Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric to sew Willyne’s stars for better results than with traditional diamond quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
LARGER SIZE Inklingo quilters requested the shapes in a larger size than the original, so Flower Power 1 inch Add-on is the answer. The original quilt uses 0.75-inch 60° Diamonds.
Flower Power is another of the inventive quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 (the third book) by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
This add-on shape collection is for quilters who also have the 1-inch Diamonds 60° shape collection and just need the additional shapes used in Flower Power.
Flower Power uses these new shapes with 1.73-inch sides . . .
. . . with the shapes in the 1-inch Diamonds 60° shape collection.
Many quilters already have the 1-inch diamonds, so I created an “add-on” shape collection this time, so quilters don’t have to buy the same shapes twice.
With 1-inch diamonds (instead of 0.75-inch diamonds) the center of the quilt without borders is approx 49 x 67 inches instead of 37 x 50 inches. That 0.25-inch difference might be more than you expect!
Most quilters hand piece this design but you can machine piece or use EPP if you prefer. There are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP.
Features of the Flower Power 1 inch Add-on Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Flower Power 1 inch Add-on Shape Collection
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand OR machine piecing
- another of Willyne’s ingenious designs
- complimentary 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons but the sewing and pressing instructions also apply to these shapes. There is an added layer of complexity to Flower Power because the rosettes interlock and overlap each other.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the first book, Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this quilt from the third book more fun to sew.
This is nothing to do with the quilt. I just wanted to share a photo of our anemones.