WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN’S FIESTA GITANA
ORIGINAL SIZE - 100%
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 22.7 MB + HEXAGON DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Fiesta Gitana.
Fiesta Gitana is one of the the superb designs in Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania. Quilters asked for the design to be made Inklingo-able, so they would have the option to sew with a running stitch or English Paper Piecing.
A CHOICE OF SIZES
The shapes are the same size as the templates in the book, called 100% (above, left). There is also a larger size, called 150% (above, right).
Center without borders
Original size 100%: Approx 34 x 42 inches
Large Size 150%: Approx 51 x 63 inches
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- layouts with a choice of straight grain and for directional fabric
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
This Inklingo shape collection does not include instructions. Sewing these shapes is very similar to sewing hexagons, so when you order this shape collection, you also receive the Hexagon Quilt Design Book ($20 value, PDF download). There are short videos showing how to sew hexagons by hand or by machine on the Main Hexagon Page.
Detailed diagrams for assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s Millefiori Quilts 4 book.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
HAND PIECING LESSON
If you are learning how to hand piece, Quilted Diamonds 2 is the book I recommend because it includes the two-hour DVD lesson for the price of a book alone. It is a great value.
The DVD is like taking a private lesson with me. Discover the advantages of sewing with a running stitch!
The brilliance of Willyne’s design is in the way she used the shapes to create interlocking designs. She teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch. You can probably start and finish 3 rosettes with Inklingo in the time it would take to make ONE with EPP.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you love.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE