Fiesta Gitana 150% Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric to sew Fiesta Gitana for better results than with traditional quilt templates. Large size.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Fiesta Gitana (150%) is the wonderful quilt on the cover of Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
Large size. The same shapes are available in the original size (100%). Inklingo shape collections for Millefiori Quilts are listed in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the Fiesta Gitana 150% Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things About Fiesta Gitana
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- another intriguing design from Willyne Hammerstein
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book ($20 value)
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons but the sewing and pressing instructions also apply to these shapes. There is an added layer of complexity to Fiesta Gitana because the stars interlock and overlap each other.
Detailed diagrams for the rosettes and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s fourth book, Millefiori Quilts 4.
There are two wonderful methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo.
Even with fussy cutting, you can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design easier to sew.
Original size (100%) on the left. Large size (150%) on the right.
Center without borders
Original size 100%: Approx 34 x 42 inches
Large Size 150%: Approx 51 x 63 inches