WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN'S MIDNIGHT FIREWORKS
Print templates for Midnight Fireworks on fabric (or paper).
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 39.6 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Midnight Fireworks.
Midnight Fireworks is one of the stunning quilts in Millefiori Quilts (the first book) by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania. Quilters asked for the design to be made Inklingo-able, to make it easier to sew by hand or by machine and Quiltmania graciously agreed.
The shapes are the same size as the templates in the book.
Each block is 9 inches (23 cm), finished size.
Most quilters hand piece this design, but you can machine piece, if you prefer.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- two combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- some shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand OR by machine
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
This Inklingo shape collection does not include instructions.
Detailed diagrams for the blocks and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s Millefiori Quilts book (the first book).
There are lessons in the Top Ten Tutes on the All About Inklingo blog which you may find helpful:
- how to print on dark fabric (for "midnight")
- two methods of fussy cutting
- how to sew 8-pointed stars by hand
- how to sew 8-pointed stars by machine
Love the lines. Quilt more!
New to Hand Piecing?
Quilted Diamonds 2 is available again and it includes a 2-hour lesson on DVD.
The brilliance of Willyne’s design is in the way she used the shapes to create interlocking blocks. She teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you love.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE
MAIN DIAMONDS PAGE
MAIN STARS PAGE