You Are My Sunshine Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric and sew for better results than with traditional quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
You Are My Sunshine is one of the brilliant quilts in Millefiori Quilts 4 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 43.7 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
Original size. Inklingo shape collections for Millefiori Quilts are listed in the Index of Shapes.
This quilt (plus Inklingo) is a dream for fussy cutters!
Features of the You Are My Sunshine Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things About You Are My Sunshine
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- another captivating design from Willyne Hammerstein
Detailed diagrams for the stars and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s fourth book, Millefiori Quilts 4.
This design might remind you of One Block Wonder or Stack n Whack™. There are two great methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo. You can use traditional Swiss cheese fussy cutting with two-part freezer paper templates (printed with Inklingo). For You Are My Sunshine, Inklingo No Waste Fussy Cutting, is a fabulous choice with the right fabric. Print identical sheets of fabric for No Waste Fussy Cutting, similar to Stack n Whack™.
This design is ideal for Inklingo “hybrid piecing,” sewing some seams by machine and some seams by hand.
Even with fussy cutting, you can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design easier to sew.