Nocturne Willyne Hammerstein PDF
Print on fabric for better results than with traditional quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Nocturne (Willyne Hammerstein) is one of the many tessellating hexagon quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION 38.1 MB + HEXAGON QUILT DESIGN BOOK
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
The shapes are the same size as the original. The star point, hexagons, and diamond are all 2 cm (approx 0.79 inches).
Willyne created a wonderful border for this design using the half-star point and half-hexagon shapes.
In addition to the beautiful border, the fussy cutting lifts this design to another level.
Many quilters hand piece this design, but you can combine machine and hand piecing in a hybrid, the way we do for other hexagon designs. There are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
Features of the Nocturne (Willyne Hammerstein) Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Nocturne Shapes
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- another of Willyne’s fascinating designs
- complimentary 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons like these.
Detailed diagrams and instructions for assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s third book, Millefiori Quilts 3.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design even more fun by hand or by machine or a combination of both.
There are no reviews yet.