Jane Austen Patchwork PDF
Print the shapes for the beloved Jane Austen Patchwork on fabric for better results than with traditional methods or acrylic templates.
Make a replica of this beloved heirloom by hand or by machine.
The Jane Austen Patchwork shape collection includes everything you need for the Jane Austen Patchwork, one of the most beloved quilts of all time.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + INSTRUCTIONS 22.6 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
With the Jane Austen Patchwork shape collection, you can print all of the shapes on fabric, including the sashing strips in various lengths (a few shown here).
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- half diamonds to finish the edges
- choice of regular or combo layouts to use fabric efficiently and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain on the diamonds
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- notes and information about the patchwork
- notes about fabric selection and fabric requirements
- information about the sashing and symmetry of the patchwork
- ideal for fussy cutting
- some shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—machine piece, hand piece with a running stitch, or English Paper Piecing
508 pages of photos, history, fabric notes, cutting layouts, stitching tips, and worksheets, with the shapes to print on fabric.
Jane Austen Memorial Trust
The Jane Austen Patchwork shape collection would not have been possible without the gracious assistance (and detective work) of
- Mr. Tom Carpenter, Trustee of the Jane Austen Memorial Trust
- Louise West, of Jane Austen’s House in Chawton
- Sarah Howard, Hampshire County Council Museums
This downloadable shape collection is the first comprehensive, accurate pattern for this outstanding patchwork coverlet. It includes everything you need to make your own replica. The attention to detail is fantastic. The illustrations are beautiful.
A choice of methods
When the Austen ladies were stitching their patchwork at Chawton, there were no sewing machines. English Paper Piecing (EPP)was a favorite choice, but Inklingo’s precise lines for stitching and cutting—perfectly printed on the fabric by the hundreds—make it easier than they could have imagined in the early 1800s.
The diamonds in the Jane Austen coverlet have unusual angles which are not commonly used in quilts, but Inklingo allows you to print the cutting and sewing lines on fabric with no measuring. It is precise, simple, and fast.
“It was a plan to promote the happiness of all.” (Emma, Ch 53)