Mariner’s Whirl 20 inch (Jinny Beyer) PDF
Print on fabric for better results than with Mariner’s Whirl 20-inch templates or paper piecing.
Sew by hand or machine or a combination of both (hybrid) with stitching lines and matching marks printed on the fabric.
Mariner’s Whirl 20-inch is a wonderful variation of Mariner’s Compass/Star by Jinny Beyer. Inklingo quilters have requested many of Jinny’s wonderful designs, so I asked and she gave me permission to make it inklingo-able.
Printing on fabric makes it easier to sew than with traditional methods and it is perfect for fussy cutting, especially with Jinny’s ingenious border fabrics.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPE COLLECTION + INSTRUCTIONS 29.3 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
Inklingo quilters have requested many variations of Mariner’s Compass like this one. Jinny Beyer designed Mariner’s Whirl and it appealed to me. Luckily, Jinny was open to the idea of making it Inklingo-able. This design is easier to sew with Inklingo than with traditional methods and it is perfect for fussy cutting, especially with Jinny’s wonderful border fabrics!
You can have all of the usual advantages of Inklingo—faster preparation, no measuring, no templates, perfect straight grain, precision corners, efficient use of fabric, and exciting designs.
This shape collection PDF includes the shapes for Mariner’s Whirl 20-inch circles.
Features of the Mariner’s Whirl 20-inch Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric for the circle
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things About Mariner’s Whirl 20-inch
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- ideal for fussy cutting, so it is fantastic with Jinny’s border fabrics
- instructions for reverse appliqué to a background
- instructions for hand or machine piecing, so you can have the best of both worlds
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- instructions for pressing so you can make your blocks look their best
- wonderful opportunities for using stripes and border fabrics
- use the method you enjoy—all by hand or a combination of hand and machine (hybrid)
- free Electric Quilt project file for Mariner`s Whirl
You can use a rotary cutter to cut several layers at a time so it is fast or use scissors so it is portable. Either way, just cut on the lines.
Print identical sheets of fabric for Inklingo No Waste Fussy Cutting, which is similar to Stack n Whack™ and One Block Wonder methods but without templates.
Cath (verified owner) –
What a stunning block this is! Having Inklingo collections for it makes it so achievable! The piecing and pressing hints and tips in the collection are fabulous. I would never have been sewing this block without an Inklingo collection for it.