Sew by hand OR by machine. The COTSIM mystery is for everyone!
Monkey has his shades and his Flip-Flop Sewing Kit ready because the first clue in the Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville will be announced “before the end of the month.” Mysterious, eh?
If you enjoy secret surveillance, you can do a stake-out on the blog until you spy the first clue. (Otherwise, you can just subscribe to the blog—top of right side-bar—so you will receive an email as soon as the first clue is released. It’s up to you.)
In the meantime, there is a new print checklist for you. (Download PDF)
Will you be ready to print with the first clue?
Do you have the free Diamond Triangle Square shape collection? I always recommend starting with the free shapes because it includes the first chapter of The Inklingo Handbook and some very versatile shapes.
If you want to be ready to start printing the minute the first clue is posted. . .
. . .get the Key West Beauty 6 inch shape collection while it is on sale for only $20.
Review How to Test Inkjet Ink on Fabric (Top Ten Tutes)
Choose the fabrics, wash and fold neatly. (Fabric Requirements PDF)
Cut at least one sheet of Freezer Paper (FP) for these Custom Page Sizes.
- 7.25 x 13.5 Portrait for 20 Diamonds – Layout A
- 7.25 x 11.25 Portrait for 16 Diamonds – Layout A
- 3.75 x 11.25 Portrait for 8 Diamonds – Layout A
- 8.5 x 10.75 Landscape for 32 Small Triangles
(1) If you are using scraps instead of fat quarters, wait to cut the FP. There are other Suggested Custom Page Sizes for each shape. For example, see page 31 of the Key West 6 inch shape collection for other possible sizes for printing Small Triangles.
(2) If you are using directional fabric or stripes you might want to use one of the other layouts for diamonds, so you will need different custom page sizes.
Eager detectives will set up the ironing board near the computer/printer, so they can react quickly. You don’t have to have a computer in your sewing room.
I like to set up an ironing board to be near the computer and cut 2 or 4 sheets of FP in each size, so I can be ironing FP to one fabric while another one is printing.
My coolest tips for cutting FP are on page H26 of the free Diamond Triangle Square shape collection and there are tips for using scraps of FP on page H41.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
- Getting ready for the mystery
- COTSIM Mystery Clue #1
ARE YOU SUBSCRIBED?
If you subscribe to the blog (top of right side-bar), you will always be the first to see the mystery clues.
If you know anyone who has not tried Inklingo yet, please let them know about the new mystery because it is a great introduction to this wonderful quilting tool.
Already in the case file:
- Announcing the new mystery
- Combo Layouts
- FREE PDF showing fabric requirements
- Key West Beauty in Electric Quilt
Welcome to Margaritaville!
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Main Beginner’s Page There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 9 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook