CLAMSHELL PICKLE 11 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 13 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for the block, plus half clamshells to finish the edges.
You have a choice of 3 SIZES!
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric for whole and partial blocks
- instructions for hand and machine piecing
- tips for fabric selection
- tips for continuous stitching by hand
- tips for rotary cutting
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- worksheets and design notes
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- partial shapes to finish a quilt with straight edges
- a choice of regular or 4 combo layouts to print
and cut two shapes at the same time to use fabric
efficiently and save time (below)
- ideal for small scraps
- great for fussy cutting (fussy printing)(below)
- extra tips for precision sewing by machine
- very detailed, illustrated pressing technique
- a unique pressing guide to check accuracy
INSPIRATION I first saw this block on Barbara Brackman’s blog, Material Culture as “Unknown Pattern.”
STITCH BY MACHINE
STITCH BY HAND
IF YOU LIKE MACHINE PIECING The arcs are great for chain piecing, and curves by machine have never been easier, thanks to the stitching lines and matching marks printed on the fabric with Inklingo.
IF YOU LIKE HAND PIECING The arcs are ideal for a portable project because they allow for continuous stitching by hand. Follow the instructions to move from one seam to the next without breaking the thread.
FUSSY CUTTING See the Clamshell entries on the All about Inklingo blog with photos showing how to print scraps and fussy cut with Inklingo.
COMBO LAYOUTS! The shapes are laid out to use fabric efficiently, and COMBO layouts make it especially fast and easy. At least some of the cutting can be done with a 28mm rotary cutter. Since the lines are printed on the fabric, you can use scissors, if you prefer.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
MAIN CLAMSHELL PAGE
Inspiration for Clamshell Designs