Pine Cone 6 inch
Print on fabric for better results than with traditional Pine Cone 6 inch quilt templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid).
Pine Cone 6 inch is an old design from the 1930s. (Beyer 340-08 and 340-09) and printing with Inklingo makes it easier and more fun.
6 inch block
12 inch block
You have a choice of 3 sizes.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Pine Cone 6 inch . . .
. . . plus 2 bonus shapes.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- Inklingo Pine Cone combo layout
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- 2 bonus shapes
- 10 Combo layouts to save time and fabric
- some shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- unique pressing guide to ensure accuracy
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- use the method you enjoy—hand or machine or both (hybrid)
- complimentary Pine Cone Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and make your quilt (88 pages) You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
See the quilt layouts on the blog and the 18 worksheets in the design book for inspiration.
There is a free EQ7 project file on the blog, so if you have Electric Quilt software you can play wih color and design.
Easy to Cut
No measuring. No templates! Use scissors or a rotary cutter.
There is a video showing how easy it is to rotary cut curves without templates. The example uses the New York Wheel shape collection but it is the same for the gentle curve in these Pine Cone blocks.
No expensive cutting machines required—and there are perfect stitching lines and matching marks printed on every piece!
Easy to Sew Triangles!
By machine, print one fabric with triangles, layer with unprinted fabric and sew along the lines. When you cut them apart, you will have perfect Sawtooth Squares for Pine Cone!
By hand, the rows of triangles are perfect for continuous stitching. (Inklingo quilters love it!)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
Normally, there is no charge for a design book when you buy a related shape collection but right now the Pine Cone Quilt Design Book (PDF, 88 pages) is free without buying anything. I always like to have one Inklingo Design Book available FREE, so you can see the type of info that is included.
Some quilters like to order the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
Even when a design book is $10, there are 3 ways to get it free.
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.