WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN'S VALSE BRILLANTE
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 21.7 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Valse Brillante.
Valse Brillante (sometimes missspelled Brilliante, with an extra i) is one of the stunning quilts in Millefiori Quilts (the first book) by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania. Quilters asked for the design to be made Inklingo-able, so it would be easier to sew by hand or by machine, and Quiltmania graciously agreed.
NOTE ABOUT SIZE
The shapes are NOT the same size as the templates in the book.
In the book, the small hexagon is 2 cm (0.787 inch) and the large Pieced Hexagon is 2.92 inches on each side.
In this shape collection, the small hexagon is 0.75 inch and the large Pieced hexagon is 3 inches on each side, so it can be used with 300 Pieced Hexagons too.
Most quilters hand piece this design, but you can machine piece the spokes and add the hexagon by hand, if you prefer.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- some shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand OR by machine
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
This Inklingo shape collection does not include instructions or the irregular border shapes.
The instructions for this hexagon design and tips for choosing the perfect fabrics are in Willyne’s brilliant book, along with 18 other exquisite designs.
Detailed diagrams for the blocks and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s Millefiori Quilts book (the first book).
When you order this shape collection, you also receive the Hexagon Quilt Design Book ($20 value, PDF download). There are short videos showing how to sew hexagons by hand or by machine on the Main Hexagon Page.
There are lessons in the Top Ten Tutes on the All About Inklingo blog which you may find helpful:
- two methods of fussy cutting
- how to print on fabric, best tips
- how to sew hexagons by hand and by machine (video)
- and more!
Love the lines. Quilt more!
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me.
The brilliance of Willyne’s design is in the way she used the shapes to create interlocking designs. She teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE