Star Point 1.5/3 inch
Print Star Point 1.5/3 inch on fabric instead of using kite templates. Use with 60° diamonds, hexagons and triangles for many intriguing designs.
This Star Point 1.5/3 inch shape is for quilters who have other diamond and hexagon shape collections. Print on fabric and sew by hand with a running stitch or by machine or with English Paper Piecing.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPES + WORKSHEETS 14.1 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
You can use this shape with several other 60° shape collections for a variety of lovely designs. However, there are no designs which use this shape on its own.
This shape is sometimes called a Jewel or Kite.
9 x 10.4 inches
Star Point 1/2 makes 6 x 6.92 inch stars like this one.
Make Texas Star (Beyer 415-8) with Star Point 1.5/3 inch and two other shape collections. (60° Hexagon 1.5 inch & 60° Diamond 3 inch and parts)
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of layouts for different straight grain
- worksheets on the blog to help you plan your design
- shapes fit on small scraps
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- choice of methods—hand or machine or both (hybrid)
This kite shape was requested by quilters who want to make the Texas Star variation designed by Cathi at Quilt Obsession in a larger size.
For Cathi’s design you also need shape collections with 60° Hexagon 1.5 inch (and parts) and 60° Hexagon 3 inch (and parts).
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 1.5 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 1.5 inch & 60° Hexagon 3 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Hexagon 1.5 inch & 60° Diamond 3 inch (and parts)
Star Point with 60° Diamond 3 inch
There are more ideas on the blog.