On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares
Perfect On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares to print on fabric. Eliminate the math and measuring—and skip the triangle templates.
On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares make your life easier.
Setting square quilt blocks on point requires triangles to finish with a straight edge. Before Inklingo, the math was tricky. Now, just print, cut, and sew by hand or by machine.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPES 11.2 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares make it easy to sew squares into diagonal rows.
Some quilters avoid on-point settings because of the math and measurements but Inklingo names shapes with the finished size to make it easy. There is no more need to cut it big and trim. You can start—and finish—with shapes that are the right size.
On-point settings (squares turned 45°) are usually sewn in diagonal rows.
The goal is to have straight grain on the edges of the quilt, so the corners are Half Square Triangles (HST) with straight grain on the two short sides and the edges are Quarter Square Triangles (QST) with straight grain on the long side.
Half Square Triangles (HST) have straight grain on the two short sides. Quarter Square Triangles (QST) have straight grain on the long side.
Features of the On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More About On-Point Triangles for 6 inch Squares
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- bonus design for back-basting appliqué with wide seam allowances
- a choice of layouts to use fabric efficiently
- use the precision corners and matching marks to get great results
- good for fussy cutting
- ideal for scrap quilts
- use with any pattern, any 4.5 inch blocks
There are other sizes available.