Midnight Fireworks Willyne Hammerstein
Print on fabric to sew Willyne’s stars for better results than with traditional star quilt templates. Original size.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Sew Midnight Fireworks in the original size for your own version of this striking design in Millefiori Quilts 1 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
PDF DOWNLOAD – SHAPES 39.6 MB
System Requirements – Windows or Mac with Adobe Reader (not a phone or tablet) and any ordinary color Inkjet printer or all-in-one.
Each block is 9 inches (23 cm), finished size.
Most quilters hand piece this design, but you can machine piece, if you prefer. There are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
Midnight Fireworks is one of the stunning quilts in Millefiori Quilts (the first book) by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
Features of the Midnight Fireworks Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Midnight Fireworks
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- two combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand OR machine piecing
- another of Willyne’s impressive designs
For detailed diagrams for the blocks and assembling the quilt top, see Willyne’s first book, Millefiori Quilts 1.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes Midnight Fireworks even more exciting.
Midnight Fireworks Excitement
Midnight Fireworks shows off the advantages of Inklingo. It is usually pretty dark at midnight, so that made me want to print on dark fabric. (See the Top 10 Tutes).
Combo layouts allow you to save fabric and save time. And of course, you know how much I love fussy cutting!
There are also a few Inklingo lessons which you may find helpful for this dramatic design:
- how to print on dark “midnight” fabric is one of the Top Ten Tutes (tab above)
- how to fussy cut with Inklingo (two methods)
- how to sew 8-pointed stars by hand
- how to sew 8-pointed stars by machine
- how to use Inklingo for English Paper Piecing, 8 Good Ways!