Le Grand Desert 125% Willyne Hammerstein
Print on fabric to sew Willyne’s plates for better results than with traditional Dresden Plate quilt templates. Large size.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Le Grand Desert 125% is for one of the intriguing quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
This Inklingo PDF includes all of the shapes for Le Grand Desert in a larger size than the templates in the book. The center of the quilt (before borders) is approx 48 x 70 instead of 38 x 56 inches (75%).
I also included 3 “bonus” shapes, which you might find useful to replace some of the small setting shapes.
A Choice of Sizes for Le Grand Desert
The same shapes are also available at 75%, 100%, and 150% of the original size.
Milefiori Quilts 3 includes detailed diagrams for assembling the quilt top.
Features of the Le Grand Desert 125% Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Le Grand Desert 125%
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- 3 combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- 3 bonus shapes to increase your design options
- optional scissors layout to save fabric
- optional layouts for directional fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make accurate sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- perfect for using scraps and Jelly Rolls
- choice of methods—sew by machine, sew by hand with a running stitch, combine hand and machine (hybrid), or use English Paper Piecing
- an unusual interpretation of traditional Dresden Plate designs
- complimentary 74-page Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to design and sew a Dresden Plate-style quilt
- see the reviews
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Dresden Plate Quilt Design Book (74 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book includes instructions for sewing and pressing other Dresden Plate designs.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch or combine hand and machine piecing in a hybrid.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes this design even more fun by hand or by machine.