Feathered Star 15 inch
Print on fabric and get better results than with Feathered Star 15 inch acrylic templates, paper piecing, and other traditional methods.
Free design book with a shape collection.
Use any 4.5 inch block in the center of Feathered Star 15 inch. Wow.
Since Inklingo quilters do not have to measure the feathers to cut them, Inklingo makes an innovative new approach possible. I designed the Feathered Star shape collections to allow quilters to use any standard blocks in the center (blue box below) to give maximum design flexibility. Monkey is very impressed when I have a brainstorm like this.
Print on fabric for better results than with acrylic templates, paper piecing, and other traditional methods.
This shape collection includes all of the shapes for Feathered Star 15 inch blocks and . . .
. . . two bonus shapes (shown in white—a 4.5 inch square and one eighth of the octagon) for even more design options.
With Inklingo, you can sew these shapes by hand or by machine or with a combination of both (hybrid) to get the best of both worlds.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of regular or combo layouts to save time and fabric
- optional layouts for diamonds with different straight grain
- optional layouts for triangles to make best use of scraps and yardage
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- sew quickly and accurately thanks to the precision corners and matching marks
- use the method you enjoy—hand or machine or both (hybrid)
- unique pressing guide to check accuracy
- complimentary Feathered Star Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and make your quilt (85 pages) (You might want to get it first, as described under the tab above)
Fussy print with Inklingo
Feathered Star 15 inch by quilters like you!
This Feathered Star by Carole in NY shows just how effective fussy cutting one shape can be. Feathered Star combines impressive small shapes with larger shapes which allow you to feature special fabrics.
Mary Althaus machine pieced her Feathered Stars with Inklingo (15 inch size). The flying geese border was also made with Inklingo. Mary is a prolific quilter and has recently had a one-quilter-show in Wisconsin. Isn’t this lovely?
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Feathered Star Quilt Design Book (PDF, 85 pages) when you buy a Feathered Star shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.