Drunkard’s Path 3 inch
Print on fabric for better results than with Drunkard’s Path 3 inch acrylic templates or other methods.
The Drunkard’s Path Quilt Design Book is free with this shape collection.
The Drunkard’s Path 3 inch shape collection includes the two main shapes plus two bonus shapes for even more variations of Drunkard’s Path quilts. Hand piece the curves in this small size.
You can make MANY variations with Drunkard’s Path 3 inch.
The two bonus shapes make more designs possible, as illustrated in the Drunkard`s Path Design Book.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- 4 shapes to print on fabric, including 2 bonus shapes
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- optional combo layout to save fabric and save time
- bonus shapes make more variations possible
- ideal for scraps
- perfect for fussy cutting
- matching marks make sewing curves easier
- choice of methods—ideal for hand piecing or a combination of hand and machine piecing (hybrid)
- complimentary Drunkard`s Path Design Book ($20 value) with worksheets for dozens of designs and everything you need to know to design and make your quilt. (203 pages) You might want to get the design book first. (tab)
There are dozens of worksheets and many variations in The Inklingo Drunkard’s Path Design Book. They don’t necessarily look like traditional Drunkard’s Path.
Kirsten’s Drunkard’s Path Design
Kirsten in Denmark designed this lovely Drunkard’s Path variation for her granddaughter. Kirsten has been an Inklingo quilter from the very beginning in 2006. As Kirsten wrote: “It could not have been done without Inklingo!”
She hand pieced and machine quilted this beautiful bed quilt. (Approx 220 x 160 cm, 86 x 63 inches)
Isn’t it lovely? Kirsten said she really missed Inklingo for the triangle border! Those shapes are not inklingo-able (yet), so she used freezer paper templates à la Quilted Diamonds. Thank you, Kirsten! You are an inspiration.
The Drunkard’s Path Design Book (half price or free, 203 pages) will help you sew a Drunkard’s Path quilt, whether you are following a traditional pattern or designing your own variation. It is an amazing resource for professional pattern designers too.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Drunkard’s Path Quilt Design Book (PDF, 203 pages) when you buy a Drunkard’s Path or Drunkard’s Trail shape collection.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size(s) they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.