Can Can 133% Willyne Hammerstein
Print on fabric to sew Willyne’s rosettes for better results than with traditional Can Can quilt templates.
Sew by hand or machine or both (hybrid) or print templates for EPP.
Can Can 133% is one of the intriguing quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 by Willyne Hammerstein, published by Quiltmania.
This PDF includes the shapes for Willyne Hammerstein’s Can Can Quilt (Millefiori Quilts 3) at 133% of the original size, 4 cm instead of 3 cm.
The two 4 cm diamonds can also be used to make larger versions of Ballet (Millefiori Quilts 2), Moncarapacho (Millefiori Quilts 3), or Wild is the Wind (Millefiori Quilts 1).
Original Quilt approx 47.5 x 56 inches (center, without borders)
133% Quilt approx 63 x 75 inches (center without borders)
Features of the Can Can 133% Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Can Can 133%
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting (2 Inklingo methods)
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 70 page Hexagon Quilt Design Book
When you buy this shape collection, I manually add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) as soon as I see your order, so you can download it too. The design book focuses on 60° hexagons but the sewing and pressing instructions also apply to these shapes. There is an added layer of complexity to Can Can because the rosettes interlock and overlap each other.
Detailed diagrams for the blocks and assembling the quilt top are in in Willyne’s lovely book, Millefiori Quilts 3.
You can get a faster finish with Inklingo than with traditional methods. There are two methods of fussy cutting with Inklingo and neither uses acrylic templates. (Why I don’t sell acrylic templates.)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are some good, short videos collected under a tab on the page for the Millefiori Quilts 1 book which show how Inklingo makes Can Can even more fun.
Just for fun