2 inch Hexagons 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand or by machine or English Paper Piecing.
Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
These 2 inch Hexagons are often used for traditional Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG). When you print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo, you can sew this size by hand or by machine or with English Paper Piecing (EPP).
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 2 inch sides (4 inches across from point to point). I also include both halves, quarters and thirds to increase your design options, especially for Pieced Hexagons.
This flower is a little more than 10 inches in each direction. Big.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 2 inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- sew by hand or by machine
- bonus appliqué or embroidery designs
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- well suited to fabric with large motifs for fussy cutting
- make more variations by adding the Rose Star 12 inch Kite
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
Bonus 2 inch Hexagons Appliqué Designs
The hexagons are provided with two bonus designs for embroidery or appliqué. See the free pattern for Emma’s Butterfly Stars by Cathi Godwin.
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore! It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
You may also like…
0.5 inch Diamonds 60°US$25.00 More info
1 inch Diamonds 60°US$25.00 More info
Rose Star 12 inchUS$15.00 More info
2 inch Diamonds 60°US$15.00 More info
Hexagon Quilt Design BookMore info
Emma’s Butterfly StarsFree! More info
1 inch Hexagons 60°US$25.00 More info
0.5 inch Hexagons 60°US$25.00 More info