2.5 inch Hexagons with Petals 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch or by machine or English Paper Piecing.
Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
2.5 inch Hexagons with Petals are fun to sew by machine. It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo than it is with traditional templates or EPP. Sew with a running stitch or by machine. TWO methods of fussy cutting.
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF has hexagons with 2.5 inch sides (5 inch across from point to point). I included both halves, quarters, and thirds and the three-part petal hexagon for even more design options.
This flower is almost 13 inches in each direction. Big.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 2.5 inch Hexagons with Petals Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Hexagons with Petals
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- petal shapes with gentle curves which are easy to piece by hand or machine
- petal shapes have precision corners
- bonus appliqué or embroidery designs
- combo layout for petal designs
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- can be used with any pattern which uses this size
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt. (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
I will be adding more design ideas for 2.5 inch Hexagons with Petals to the blog, so please be sure to subscribe.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
The petal shapes have gentle curves which are easy to piece in this size (hand or machine) and they add many wonderful design possibilities.
I usually sew these seams by machine but you can sew by hand if you need it to be portable.
See some of my hexagon designs with petals.
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.