2.25 inch Hexagons 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using hexagon templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch or by machine or English Paper Piecing.
Less prep, more precise, more portable, faster to finish!
These large 2.25 inch Hexagons can be used for many designs, including Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG). Sew by hand or by machine or English Paper Piecing.
Print, cut, sew! No templates, no measuring, no weird rulers! Use a rotary cutter or scissors. Sew by hand or by machine.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 2.25 inch sides (4.5 inches across from point to point) plus both halves, quarters and thirds.
This flower is about 11.5 inches in each direction. Big.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 2.25 inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More about 2.25 inch Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- sew by hand or by machine
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for scrap quilts
- well suited to fabric with large motifs for fussy cutting
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt (PDF, 70 pages) You might want to get it first. (tab)
This size is wonderful if you prefer to sew by machine.
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore! On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch or by machine.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.
Monkey Presses for Success
Monkey knows how to press.