1.75 inch Hexagons 60°
Print on fabric for Grandmother’s Flower Garden and other designs instead of using Hexagon 1.75 inch templates or other traditional methods.
Sew by hand with a running stitch, or by machine, or English Paper Piecing.
1.75 inch Hexagons are wonderful to sew sew by hand or by machine. It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo than it is with traditional templates or EPP for Grandmother’s Flower Garden (GFG).. There are TWO methods of fussy cutting.
No templates, no basting—unless you want to baste. On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
This shape collection PDF includes hexagons with 1.75 inch sides (3.5 inches across from point to point). I also include both halves, quarters and thirds in hexagon shape collections.
This flower is approximately 9 inches in each direction.
Several other sizes are available, as shown in the Index of Shapes.
Features of the 1.75 inch Hexagons Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
& More Good Things about Inklingo Hexagons
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- sew by hand or by machine
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- ideal for fussy cutting and scrap quilts
- complimentary Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) with worksheets and everything you need to know to design and sew a hexagon quilt (You might want to get it first, as described under the tab above.)
Hexagons are not just for quilters who enjoy English Paper Piecing (EPP) anymore!
This is a size you can sew by machine.
These hexagons are very useful for Pieced Hexagons, especially with 0.875 inch hexagon and diamond shape collections.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch.
Love the lines, Quilt more!
Get the Design Book first?
There is no charge for the Inklingo Hexagon Quilt Design Book (PDF, 70 pages) when you buy related shapes.
Some quilters like to buy the design book first to see the instructions and decide which size they prefer.
3 ways to get the design book free!
- When you buy related shapes, I manually add the design book to your account as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the design book first (on sale for $10), when you buy related shapes in the next 60 days, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order.
- If you buy the shapes and the design book on one order, I manually refund $10 as soon as I see your order, so the design book is still free.